Building a Life Without Limits Through Improved Fitness, Nutrition & Mind/Body Awareness
The Performance Locker is a personal performance training facility focused on helping the community restore overall health and wellness and connecting the population with the natural resources available in Northeast Michigan. Just as your DNA is unique to you, so is your fitness and nutrition formula. Practices and methods focus on individual differences and help people find the proper balance between improved fitness, nutrition, and mind/body awareness to achieve overall health and wellness.
The Performance Locker is NOT a gym, there are no treadmills or stationary weight machines. It is a functional movement and wellness activity facility. It operates on a low coach-to-client ratio through one-on-one sessions or small groups. Clients receive individualized attention to their health based on initial movement and nutrition screenings and progressions are individually layered.
Offerings include but are not limited to: small group fitness training, personal movement coaching, personal nutrition counseling, nutrition and cooking workshops, outdoor recreation classes and workshops, outdoor gear rental, and guided outdoor adventure tours.
- Fitness: Improving fitness and movement function improves overall health and wellbeing.
- Natural Environment: Being active in green space improves not only physical wellbeing but mental health as well.
- Science; not Trend: Scientific and proven methods of development are taught so people aren’t just “working out” they are learning the how & why of controlling their own health and fitness.
- Nutrition: Proper nutrition is an individual formula and food is powerful medicine.
- Community: The belonging and association of community support is critical to overall health and wellness.
- Holistic: Awareness of the body’s systems as a whole unit instead of individualized compartments brings exponential growth to health and wellbeing.